We, like all of you, continue to navigate the coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent challenges it has created in our daily lives. In March 2020, Butterfield Trail Village began implementing state and federally recommended protocols to protect residents and staff from the virus. Approximately 98% of our residents have received both doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccination, and we are able to lift or reduce most restrictions on our campus starting March 11, 2021. Keeping our residents and employees healthy and safe is and will always be our utmost responsibility and one we take very seriously. All rules/guidelines are subject to change as CDC and Arkansas Department of Health recommendations evolve.
Residents who begin to have symptoms of COVID are reminded to immediately quarantine, call their health professional and notify Resident Care—regardless of whether or not they have already been vaccinated.
The following information is for Residents / Guests and Employees / Visitors, to include family members, health-care companions, vendors and contractors, about precautions Butterfield is taking to safeguard against coronavirus, which causes the illness Covid-19.
Butterfield has implemented the following restrictions on campus pursuant to guidelines from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- As mandated, BTV continues to restrict all access to the BTV Health Care (HCC) and Special Care Centers (SCC) and Assisted Living (AL). Everyone must undergo a health screening before being admitted to HCC or AL on campus. Scheduled visitation days and times will be communicated in advance, and BTV reserves the right to cancel any visitation days should a health-related circumstance necessitate it.
- It is recommended that all deliveries be left on the table in the entryway of the main entrance to be picked up by the resident.
On March 8, 2021, the CDC issued new recommendations for fully vaccinated people.
On March 10, 2021, the Arkansas Department of Health adopted these recommendations.
Butterfield Trail Village is adopting these recommendations effective March 11, 2021.
The adoption of these recommendations does not change the rules for Health Care, Special Care or the Assisted Living. These living areas will continue to follow all guidelines now in place. Please consult with Jay Green, director of healthcare services, for any questions regarding these living areas. Changes for these areas will be announced if and when they occur.
For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Effective March 11, 2021, safety precautions for Independent Living are modified as follows:
- Residents and Guests who have been fully vaccinated do not have to wear a mask or social distance while on Butterfield Trail Village Campus.
- Residents are reminded to wear a mask, social distance and follow all other safety precautions when not on the Butterfield Trail Village Campus.
- Fully vaccinated Visitors and Carriage Club members are allowed on campus and may use all amenities with residents following the normal rules for Guests and Visitors found in the Resident Handbook. This includes use of the Bistro, Pool, Game Room, Exercise Room, etc.
- Fully vaccinated Visitors may stay in the Guest Suite or stay overnight in the resident’s home following the normal rules for Guests and Visitors found in the Resident Handbook.
- Residents may have indoor visitation with unvaccinated people from the same household.
- Reservations are not required for using the gym and residents may exercise 24/7 at their convenience.
- In-person wellness classes will resume at a later point. Dates and times will be announced when classes reopen.
All are reminded to clean all surfaces before use, such as exercise equipment and game tables, and wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.
Residents and staff are reminded to immediately quarantine if exhibiting any COVID related symptoms and to call their health care provider. Residents need to also notify Resident Care at Butterfield.
Even though Butterfield Trail Village has adopted the Arkansas Department of Health recommendations, residents may continue to wear mask and social distance, if they desire.
Independent Living residents may welcome outside visitors into their homes when following these safety precautions:
- Visitors must check in at the front desk and be screened before going to the resident’s apartment, Village Home or cottage.
- Guest not fully vaccinated must be from the same household for indoor visitation.
- Visitation by guest not fully vaccinated from different households is limited to outside visitation only.
- Guest not fully vaccinated but from the same household shall restrict their visitation to the resident’s home and may not use any amenities at Butterfield.
- Guests not fully vaccinated must not have had contact with a known or suspected Covid case within the last 14 days.
- Resident or guest(s) cannot exhibit any signs or symptoms of Covid within 72 hours prior to the visit. See list of symptoms below.
The CDC website says people with Covid-19 have reported a wide range of symptoms ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have Covid:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Guidelines Regarding Resident Travel:
Residents who have been vaccinated do not need to quarantine after traveling. Residents are reminded to follow all safety precautions when traveling. Residents who have not been vaccinated must continue to quarantine after traveling.
As the Covid-19 pandemic and related public health issues evolve, we are committed to keeping you informed and updated.