We, like all of you, are navigating the coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent challenges it is creating in our daily lives. Across campus, Butterfield Trail Village has implemented a number of state and federally recommended protocols to protect residents and staff from the virus, such as restricting public/visitor access, conducting mandatory health screenings, and cancelling or suspending large events and other group gatherings.
Keeping our residents and employees healthy and safe is our utmost responsibility and one we take very seriously. The following is helpful information for Residents and Visitors / Guests / Employees, including family members, health-care companions, vendors and contractors, about precautions Butterfield is taking to safeguard against coronavirus, which causes the illness Covid-19.
Effective immediately, Butterfield has implemented the following restrictions on campus pursuant to general guidelines from the Arkansas Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- BTV has restricted access to the BTV Health Care and Special Care Centers, with exception of essential personnel and others who are vital in certain compassionate care situations. Everyone must undergo a health screening before being admitted to either of the care centers on campus.
- BTV strongly advises all residents to cancel guests and visitors. However, if it is essential that a resident have a guest, guests must enter through the front door and undergo a health screening.
- All BTV exercise classes have been cancelled, but modified fitness classes for residents are being shown daily on BTV in-house TV Channel 1961.
- All Performance Hall concerts have been cancelled, but some are being performed without an audience and shown on in-house Channel 1961.
- Residents can tune in to Channel 1961 for other special programing designed to help them stay connected to the Village while practicing social distancing. Residents can find a daily programming schedule on Channel 1960.
- The UAMS at BTV Clinic will see only those patients with acute cases, and follow-up appointments have been postponed at this time.
- Butterfield has temporarily closed the following areas on campus:
- Fitness & Aquatic Center Gym
- Lodge Gym
- BTV Library
- Game Room
- General Store
- The Butterfield Dining Room and BTV Bistro are delivery only, with no onsite dining available.
VISITORS / GUESTS / EMPLOYEES
BTV strongly advises all residents to cancel guests and visitors. However, if it is essential that a resident have a guest, guests must enter through the front door and undergo a health screening.
Beginning Tuesday, March 17, all employees are required to undergo a health screening as they come to work each day.
All health-care companions must enter Butterfield through the main entrance or the designated employee entrance at the service drive, and undergo a health screening before the start of each shift.
Vendors and contractors must also undergo a health screening before entering campus.
Butterfield’s coronavirus education and prevention efforts began at the end of January with staff education and campus-wide information for residents, including symptom alerts and resources, hygiene safety, and updates about restrictions on campus.
The information Butterfield is receiving about the coronavirus is fast paced and ever changing. We are committed to keeping you informed and updated. For questions and more information, please call (479) 695-8012.