We, like all of you, are navigating the coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent challenges it is creating in our daily lives. Across campus, Butterfield Trail Village has implemented a number of state and federally recommended protocols to protect residents and staff from the virus, such as restricting public/visitor access, conducting mandatory health screenings, and cancelling or suspending large events and other group gatherings.
Keeping our residents and employees healthy and safe is our utmost responsibility and one we take very seriously. “The following information is for Residents / Guests and Employees / Visitors, including family members, health-care companions, vendors and contractors, about precautions Butterfield is taking to safeguard against coronavirus, which causes the illness Covid-19.
RESIDENTS / GUESTS
- Butterfield has implemented the following restrictions on campus pursuant to general guidelines from the Arkansas Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Per state mandate, BTV has restricted all access to the BTV Health Care and Special Care Centers, with exception of essential personnel and others who are vital in certain compassionate care situations. Everyone must undergo a health screening before being admitted to either of the care centers on campus.
- It is strongly recommended that Independent Living residents do not have guests inside the building or their homes. If it is necessary that Independent Living residents have guests inside the building or their homes, guests must enter through the front door of the main building and be screened by the receptionist. It is recommended that all deliveries, including those from a family member or guest, be left on the table in the entryway of the main entrance to be picked up by the resident.
Independent Living residents may have outside guests under the following conditions:
- Only family members may visit BTV residents for social reasons.
- The number of guests should not exceed four people at a time.
- Guests must not have had contact with a known or suspected Covid case within the last 14 days.
- Resident or guest cannot exhibit any signs or symptoms of Covid within the last 72 hours prior to the visit. See list of symptoms below.
- All visitation must occur outside. The Bistro patio or Lodge porches may be used for this purpose or any area on the BTV campus that is outside, as long as the area is not being used by other residents or guests.
- First floor residents may use their patios for this purpose provided the guests do not enter the patios and remain at least six feet from the residents.
- Cottage and Village Home residents may use their front porches or garages for this purpose provided the guests do not enter the front porch or garage and remain at least six feet apart.
- Guests and residents shall stay at least six feet apart at all times. There shall be no physical contact such as touching, hugging, shaking hands, etc.
- Guests and residents must wear a mask if they cannot stay at least six feet away from others.
- Residents who had contact with a guest who becomes a suspected or confirmed Covid case within 72 hours after the visitation must immediately quarantine and notify BTV Resident Care.
- The CDC website says that people with Covid have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have Covid:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- All BTV exercise classes have been cancelled, but modified fitness classes for residents are shown daily on BTV in-house TV Channel 1961.
- All Performance Hall concerts have been cancelled, but some are being performed without an audience and shown on in-house Channel 1961.
- Residents can tune in to Channel 1961 for other special programing designed to help them stay connected to the Village while practicing social distancing. Residents can find a daily programming schedule on Channel 1960 and in a monthly printed guide.
- Both gyms are open to one resident at a time OR to resident spouses together between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. All residents who wish to use either gym are required to sign up in advance at the Transportation Desk in the main building for one-hour slots. Times are first-come, first-served.
- The Aquatic Center is open between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. and can accommodate three people at a time who use different areas of the facility. All residents who wish to use the Aquatic Center are required to sign up in advance at the Transportation Desk in the main building for one-hour slots. Times are first-come, first-served.
- The Butterfield Dining Room and BTV Bistro are delivery only. No onsite dining is available until further notice.
- The General Store has re-opened and the following rules will apply:
- The store is open to residents only. Employees and guests cannot enter the store.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 m.
- All purchases must be paid using the fob. Cash, checks or credit cards will not be accepted.
- Only two residents will be allowed in the store at any time. This includes even if one of them is checking out at the register.
- Residents should not enter the store if two people are already in the store.
- Residents must use the hand sanitizer right BEFORE entering the store. Sanitizer will be provided for this purpose.
- Residents must wear a mask at all times.
- Residents must stay six feet apart at all times. A plexiglass screen has been added to the counter to help protect the store employee and the resident.
- Residents should not handle products unless they intend to purchase the item.
- All surfaces will be cleaned each day after closing.
- We will no longer deliver products unless the resident is quarantined. If a resident is quarantined, the resident can call the store to place an order and we will deliver.
- Limitations on quantities that can be purchased still apply. This is to help ensure we have sufficient products for as many residents as possible.
- We will refuse service to anyone not following these rules.
- The BTV Library, Low Vision reading area and Game Room are currently unavailable to residents for use. Each location is governed by specific rules and restrictions designed to carefully enforce social distancing necessary to promote safe health practices.
EMPLOYEES / VISITORS
- Until further notice, all employees are required to undergo a health screening as they come to work each day.
- All health-care companions must enter Butterfield through the main entrance or the designated employee entrance at the service drive, and undergo a health screening before the start of each shift.
- Vendors and contractors must also undergo a health screening before entering campus.
- The information Butterfield is receiving about the coronavirus is fast paced and ever changing. We are committed to keeping you informed and updated. For questions and more information, please call (479) 695-8012.